Campaign Update: The renovation starts this summer!
Help us reach our goal of $2 million to complete the project
Exciting news! Thanks to the generosity of the 104 donors who have pledged or given $944,520 to the Securing the Future of Mu Chapter capital campaign so far, the renovation of the Old Gal will start this summer. The Corporation Board (Mu Chapter of Alpha Sigma Phi, Inc.) has approved plans to begin the first phase of the project. The remaining work will depend on how much we are able to raise. To fund the necessary improvements and renovations to the Old Gal, we must reach our goal of $2 million.
To see a current list of the contributors, click here. As I’ve mentioned before, it is particularly notable to see the commitment of the undergraduate Chapter with their own pledge of $50,000.
Board member Tor-Jan Ronhovde ’75 leads the building committee and the architectural process. The first six months of 2018 will be devoted to talking with structural engineers and preparing the overall renovation plan to obtain a building permit. The scope of the plan will include upgrading the upper two floors, remodeling the main floor, enlarging and updating the kitchen, and remodeling the basement. This will also involve exterior repairs, new electrical, mechanical, and lighting systems, as well as a fire suppression system.
The first phase will commence immediately after 2018 spring quarter finals week and be completed prior to the start of the fall quarter. The renovation for the rest of the facility will follow in the summers of 2019 and 2020, which will mark the 100th anniversary of the Old Gal. Plans are underway to house the undergraduates in close proximity during those summers of renovation. Our Chapter House is an essential aspect of a successful rush campaign and even during the construction, will no doubt be impressive to future Mu Chapter members.
If you haven’t participated yet, please consider contributing today. The need to raise more funds is critical to complete the project. There are a variety of options available to donate to the campaign:
- Make a one-time gift or pledge over time. Pledges can be spread out over five years and paid at intervals that work best for you.
- Tax-deductible gifts of at least $25,000, as well as corporate matching gifts, can be made to the non-profit Mu Chapter Foundation.
- All other gifts can be made to the House Corporation (Mu Chapter of Alpha Sigma Phi, Inc.).
- In appreciation, each donor pledge or contribution of $2,500 or more will be listed on prominently displayed signage in the Old Gal.
- Online giving is now available! Click on Donate to pledge online or to download the pledge form to make your gift today. The forms are designed to allow you to determine your gift and payment schedule.
If you have any questions about donating or the renovation project, please contact me at email@example.com or (425) 753-4294. You can also find more details on the project under the About Our Project and Floor Plans tabs on the menu.
Please make your gift or pledge today. Help us continue the fine tradition of Mu Chapter of Alpha Sigma Phi at the University of Washington.
In Alpha, Sigma, and Phi,
Kris Axell ’76